:

 
History


Naval Postgraduate Dental School


2004
In 2004, the National Naval Dental Center was disestablished.

1999
In 1999, the Naval Dental School was renamed the Naval Postgraduate Dental School (NPDS).

1989
In 1989, the Naval Dental Clinic was renamed the National Naval Dental Center.

1983
In 1983, the Naval Dental Clinic, Bethesda, was established, with the Naval Dental School as a component facility.

1975
In 1975, the dental school was redesignated the National Naval Dental Center.

1971
In 1971, the dental school was redesignated the Naval Graduate Dental School.

1942
In 1942, the newly designated National Naval Medical Center, including the Naval Dental School, was established in Bethesda, Maryland.

1923
In 1923, the Naval Dental School opened as the Dental Department of the United States Naval Medical School, Washington, D.C. Its twofold purpose was the postgraduate instruction of officers of the Dental Corps of the US Navy and the training of hospital corpsmen to serve as dental assistants.



Last Updated: 5/5/2012